Melissa and Doug Add & Subtract Abacus
Just slide the two double-sided wooden boards into the base, then encourage kids to solve equations by lining up the correct number of beads on the addition and subtraction sides or follow the patterns on the color-matching sides.
This abacus is one colorful, educational powerhouse!
- Abacus includes 55 colorful beads and 2 interchangeable double-sided wooden boards
- Wooden boards feature addition and subtraction and color matching
- Bright colors and multiple ways to play for growing skill sets
- Sturdy wooden construction
- Encourages math skills, pattern and color recognition, fine motor skills, and hand-eye coordination
Discover Countless Ways To Play
Ask the child to count how many beads are on each wire and name each color, then count the total number of beads.
Play math attack! Move all the beads to one side, then say an equation out loud (e.g. "7-3="). Ask the child to find the equation on the board and solve it by lining up the correct number of beads.
Quickly move a number of beads to one side and have the child say how many were moved and what color they are as fast as they can (e.g. 5 red beads, 2 yellow beads, etc.).
Use one of the wooden boards as a template to create your own boards! Trace it onto cardboard and write in your own variations, like adding and subtracting by 2s (12-2, 11-2, etc.) or creating a new color-matching pattern.
Approx. Product Dimensions: 17.7 x 33 x 10cm
Age Guide: 3 years +
Brand: Melissa and Doug